This is a go-to family favorite in our household. It's the perfect mix of creamy, crunchy and just a little spicy.
You can totally leave out the Sriracha if spice isn't your thing, or if you're like us, feel free to double or triple what it calls for if you like it HOT.
Like all of our recipes, we sneak in those good for you veggies in a delicious and simple way.
This recipe is dairy free and can easily be made gluten free by using brown rice pad thai noodles, we love Annie Chun's brand, but anyone will do.
If you're vegan, just omit the eggs and you're good to go.
Want to up the protein? Add tofu or your families favorite cooked animal protein on top.
This recipe is one of our favorites from our 21-Day Jumpstart cookbook. It's packed with delicious breakfast, lunch and dinner recipes that are just as deliciously simple as this one.
Mix up your dinner rotation this week by adding in this delicious Pad Thai, we promise you won't be disappointed. Try it out and let us know how it goes!
Veggie Pad Thai
- 1/4 cup liquid aminos or GF soy sauce
- 1 lime, juiced
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 2-3 tbsp Sriracha or chili sauce
- 1/3 cup vegetable or chicken stock
- 1.5 cups grated carrots or matchstick carrots
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 zucchini, spiralized or diced
- 2 eggs
- 8 oz noodle of choice (we like Annie Chun's Pad Thai Brown Rice Noodles)
- Optional toppings: green onions, crushed peanuts or almonds, chopped cilantro
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, stir together liquid aminos, lime juice, honey, peanut butter, Sriracha and stock. Set aside.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat. Add grated carrots, bell peppers and zucchini with 2 tbsp water to help cook the carrots. If the carrots begin to stick to the pan, add 1 tbsp of water at a time. Cover the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes or until carrots and zucchini begin to soften. Add eggs and scramble together.
- Add cooked rice noodles and sauce to the pan. Toss together to incorporate.
- Top with sliced green onions, crushed nuts and cilantro.