I LOVE pesto and believe that it makes everything taste better.
Pesto pasta, eggs, veggies, quinoa, you name it!
I'm always looking to sneak in more veggies to meals and have created this amazing VEGGIE PACKED pesto. There's basil, broccoli, spinach, and garlic!
I've been experimenting with this recipe over the last few months and have finally cracked the code!
This pesto is like no other pesto I've ever had before.
It's super healthy and is dairy and nut free!
It's packed with plants.
And did I mention, it's DELICIOUS.
This recipe is super speedy and simple.
You can whip up a batch in under 5 minutes with only 8 ingredients, most of which you probably already have around your house.
I love to toss this pesto with some zoodles, garbanzo beans, and tomatoes for the perfect refreshing summer lunch.
If you try this recipe, let us know how it goes! Leave a comment, share it on Facebook and don’t forget to tag a photo #deliciouslysimplerecipes on Instagram. Happy sauce making friends!
Veggie Packed Pesto
makes 1 cup/ 4 servings
- 2 cups fresh basil packed
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1 cup broccoli crowns
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- Add all ingredients into a food processor or blender, blend on low until all ingredients are well combined.
- If it is too thick, add 1 tsp of water or olive oil at a time and blend.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 6 months.