I LOVE ice cream, but unfortunately, it doesn't love me back.
The dairy, not to mention the refined sugar OVERLOAD leaves me with a headache, upset stomach and overall feelings of ickiness.
I knew I wasn't ready to say goodbye to ice cream completely, so I decided to mix it up.
This totally hits the spot for my sweet tooth, but without that crazy sugar rush and crash.
A guilt free dessert- that's a major WIN-WIN my friends.
You may already have these 6 ingredients at home and in under 3 minutes you could have a delicious treat that's ready to eat.
I promise you will not be disappointed with this delicious dairy-free, gluten-free and refined sugar-free ice cream.
It's a snickerdoodle party for your taste buds, healthy style.
I love eating this ice cream right after I make, that's when its texture is best.
Try this recipe out and leave us a note in the comments below.
Happy desserting everyone!
PS: This recipe, along with 30+ other healthy, simple and delicious recipes just like it are part of our 21-Day Jumpstart Program, check it out!
Snickerdoodle Ice Cream
Makes 4 Servings
- 4 frozen and sliced bananas
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk*
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- 4 tbs almond butter
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Add bananas, milk, maple syrup, almond butter, vanilla, and cinnamon to a food processor. Turn on high for 1-2 minutes until mixed thoroughly. If the ice cream is too thick to process then add 1/2 cup of additional mix until you reach your desired consistency.
- Best if served immediately.
**NOTE: Make sure coconut fat and milk are mixed together, if not, heat in the microwave for 30 seconds