Fresh peaches are amazingly delicious right now!
Biting into a sweet ripe peach has summer written all over it.
I mean, tostadas and peaches. Could there be a more perfect combination?!
This recipe can be thrown together in under 20 minutes and is truly a crowd pleaser.
The beans offer great protein and fiber and the toasty corn tortillas and sweet salsa can win over even the pickiest of eaters.
If fresh peaches aren't available where you live, you can use mango or frozen peaches. Just be sure to let the peaches fully defrost before you use them to make the salsa.
Try these out and let us know how it goes. We love seeing your food posts and reading your comments- keep them coming!
Happy end of summer everyone, enjoy these fresh summer flavors while we still can!
Peach Salsa Tostadas
makes 2 servings
- 2 peaches, diced
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1 tbsp cilantro, diced
- 2 limes, juiced
- 4 corn tortillas
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 avocado mashed with salsa or 1 cup guacamole
- coconut or avocado oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Make the salsa first to allow for marination. Assemble the diced peaches, red onion, cilantro and lime juice in a bowl. Stir to incorporate and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lay corn tortillas on a greased or foil-lined baking sheet. Spray lightly with an avocado or coconut oil cooking spray or rub 1 tsp of oil gently on all sides of the tortillas. Do not oversaturate. Cook in the oven for about 8 minutes on each side or until they are hard and crispy.
- Meanwhile, mix back beans, cumin, chili powder and 1 tbsp water in a bowl. Using a potato masher or a fork, mash together until all beans are broken apart.
- To assemble, spread 1/4 of the avocado or guacamole onto the bottom of the toasted tortilla (tostado). Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper. Next, divide the black beans evenly between the 4 tostados. Then, divide the peach salsa evenly on top. Serve and enjoy immediately.