We LOVE mason jar meals.
Not just because they make gorgeous looking food, but also because they're super functional and have greatly simplified our lives.
It feels pretty amazing to have a week's worth of breakfasts, lunches and/or dinners ready in just about an hour!
It's as simple as lining up a bunch of mason jars, prepping your ingredients in bulk, following a simple recipe and then quickly making a whole bunch of food at once. #kitchenhack
Having a plan for what we're going to eat for the week has made a major impact on our family's health and has saved us tons of time in the kitchen!
This veggie and protein packed salad is one of our favorites to make since it's super versitle.
You can make it a little heartier by adding noodles, garbanzo beans and zoodles or you can totally choose an ingredient (or 3) to sub out and it will still taste great!
You can also easily make this recipe:
- gluten free by using a gluten free noodle with very minimal ingredients
- grain free by exclusively using zoodles
- vegan by omitting the meat and cheese
- dairy free by omitting the cheese
- toddler and family friendly by letting your little ones choose which toppings to add into their mason jar
Mason Jar Italian Pasta
Italian Red Wine Dressing
1tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tbsp olive oil
pinch of dried oregano
pinch of dried basil
pinch of sea salt and pepper
squeeze of lemon
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tbsp red onion, diced
1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1/4 cup cucumbers, sliced
1/4 cup artichoke hearts, diced
1/3 cup olives, pits removed
1/4 cup salami slices OR garbanzo beans
1/2 cup cooked noodles
1 zucchini, spiralized into noodles
optional: 2 tbsp feta cheese
- In a mason jar, layer the ingredients above, starting with the salad dressing.
- Replace lid, seal tightly.
- Refridgerate for up to 5 days.