Lunches in our house need to be quick and easy.
These burrito bowls are just that, PLUS they're delicious!
This recipe is also super versatile, making it a favorite for even the pickiest of eaters.
You can swap the veggies below for whatever you have fresh in the house, substitute rice for the quinoa and choose your families favorite salsa as the dressing.
We love that this recipe is packed full of fiber, protein and lots of nutritious veggies.
Line up all of your prepared ingredients, grab enough mason jars for the week and have a full on family and friend fiesta creating your lunches for the week.
Having your lunches prepared and ready for the week is a major life win!
There's something just so amazing about having healthy, delicious food that's ready to eat, whenever you are.
Make your own family-favorite burrito bowl creation and leave your delicious recipe swaps in the comments.
Happy meal prepping and delicious eating everyone!
Mason Jar Burrito Bowls
makes 1 serving
- 2 tbsp salsa
- 1 tbsp red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- ¼ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup bell peppers, diced
- 1/3 cup cooked black beans
- handful crushed tortilla chips
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 2 ounces romaine (2 big handfuls)
- optional: handful of tortilla chips, crushed
- Layer all ingredients in a wide mouth quart sized mason jar starting with the salsa on the bottom and ending with the lettuce and optional chips on top.
- Reseal jar and refrigerate for up to 5 days.
- When ready to eat, simply shake the jar so the salsa is well mixed and either pour into a bowl or enjoy straight from the jar.