Eating chocolate for breakfast is one of our favorite ways to start the day.
These overnight oats will trick your taste buds into thinking that you are eating dessert, but unlike most dessert type breakfasts, you will skip that nasty sugar rush (and crash) and stay full and satisfied all morning long.
We LOVE overnight oats since we can make them ahead of time, grab them and go in the mornings.
On those super hectic days, these can be the difference between a happy healthy morning and a very hangry momma.
We fell great about eating these all week long since they are loaded with whole grains, fiber and protein.
We like to make 3 or more of these at a time in wide-mouth, pint sized mason jars (16oz) so that they can be sealed and stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Having breakfast prepared and ready for the week is a major life win!
Happy chocolate eating friends!
Dark Chocolate Overnight Oats
- 1/2 tsp dark cocoa
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 strawberries, diced
- 1 scoop of chocolate plant based protein (we use Juice Plus Complete)
- pinch of sea salt
- Place all ingredients in a mason jar or airtight container with a lid.
- Mix until well incorporated.
- Refrigerate overnight or for at least 2 hours.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.