There's just something about soup in the fall that makes you feel so good.
Pumpkin and squash soups are some of our family favorites.
It warms you up and makes those cold, sometimes stormy nights seem cozier.
This recipe has that sweet and creamy pumpkin flavor that we've all been craving this fall season with ZERO guilt.
This recipe keeps it sweet and creamy without any dairy, sugar or gluten. Heck ya!
Fill up that bowl again and again.
I love to pack in tons of immunity boosting veggies and spices to help keep those seasonal colds and flu's at bay.
This is also a great soup to cook in bulk and then freeze to use on a busy day later this holiday season.
Add your families favorite toppings to make it a dinner repeat in your house too.
Speaking of pumpkins, have you tried our new pumpkin latte and pumpkin overnight oats?
Happy Fall eating everyone!
Creamy Pumpkin Soup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1.5 tsp ground ginger (optional)
- 2- 15 oz cans of pure pumpkin
- 2 cups water
- 1- 13.5 oz can of coconut milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds) to garnish
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large pot, add diced onion and simmer, stirring regularly for 3 minutes.
- Add garlic, cumin, ginger and cinnamon- cook and stir for about 3 more minutes.
- Add pumpkin, coconut milk and water. Stir until smooth. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add salt, then taste. You may want to add up to one tsp more.
- Optional: If you've got some eaters who are sensitive to texture (aka most toddlers) puree this soup with an immersion blender or pour small batches of the soup into a blender and blend on low with a towel over the lid.
- Add pumpkin seeds on top for a garnish. If you're feeling fancy, toast seeds on a skillet over medium low heat for 3-5 minutes, flip seeds a few times while cooking.
- Extras can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days or frozen for up to 6 months.