Pretty much anything with balsamic in it and I'm on board.
Not only is this dish DELICIOUS, it also comes together super quickly and is packed with nutrient dense ingredients.
Fresh basil, tomatoes, balsamic and pasta are always a delicious combo. The white beans add a great protein boost to this family-friendly dish.
If you're gluten free or just trying to add in extra veggies, we've found some delicious pasta alternatives.
Pastas made from veggies, some of our family favorites:
- zucchini noodles aka zoodles
- sweet potato noodles
- butternut squash noodles
1 ingredient alternative flour pastas:
- quinoa flour pasta, brown rice flour pasta, etc.
Balsamic Tomato-Basil Pasta
- 1/2 lb dried pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 bunch fresh basil chopped
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 can cannelloni beans, drained
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and rinse.
- Heat olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute being careful not to let it burn.
- Add tomatoes, oregano, beans and balsamic vinegar. Cover and cook for 6-7 minutes or until the tomatoes soften.
- Toss cooked pasta with tomatoes, freshly chopped basil, and salt and pepper. Serve hot.