By now, you already know that we are HUGE fans of smoothies.
I really can't think of any other way to create such a fast and nutritious meal that jam-packs a diverse amount of fruits and vegetables into your body. It's seriously brilliant!
Don't like kale? Don't have time to eat with a fork?
Blend those plants up with some other tasty ingredients and VOILA! You have a tasty meal ready to consume with only a straw.
I used to view smoothies as an add-on beverage or dessert after my full meal.
But then I realized, "why not just bulk up the smoothie more and make that my meal?"
Adding sources of plant protein that also have lots of fiber into smoothie, leaves me feeling better than Super Mario after a power-up.
Here are our 7 favorite foods that add plant protein AND fiber to smoothies:
1. Chia Seeds - great source of Omega 3's too
2. Flax Seeds - great source of Omega 3's too
3. Hemp Seeds - the highest in protein out of the 3 seeds & great Omegas too
4. Almond Butter - has a better nutritional profile than peanut butter
5. Raw Vegan Plant-Based Protein Powder- make sure it is made from whole REAL foods and not isolates
6. Oats - leave them whole or grind them up
7. Leafy Greens - protein, fiber, and thousands of phytonutrients (aka plant nutrients)