I am pretty sure that all kids would eat waffles or pancakes everyday if we let them. I know mine would!
It's actually been a struggle lately since she is so obsessed and flat out WON'T eat breakfast unless it's a waffle or pancake.
And that's how this amazing 4 ingredient pancake was invented!! I wanted to give in to her desire for pancakes, but in my sneaky mom way where I knew the ingredients were nutritious.
You can eat them as normal pancakes with a little butter and pure maple syrup OR try my other obsession - eating them with almond butter, diced strawberries, and a sprinkle of cinnamon. SO TASTY!!
makes 3 pancakes
- 1 banana, mashed
- 2 eggs or flax eggs (3 tbs water mixed with 1 tbs flax)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 scoop vanilla plant-based protein (we use Juice Plus Complete protein)
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Heat a fry pan or griddle over medium heat. Spray with coconut oil or cooking spray.
- Spoon 1/3 cup of batter on to pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until it has begun to brown. Flip and cook for 2 more minutes. Voila! SO EASY!